Audio Hijack is an audio recording program for Mac that can record system sound from Mac and edit the audio in real-time. It is a great internal sound recorder to record audio from Skype, radios, or other apps, but some users may want to find an alternative due to the price, the complexity, or other reasons. Oct 12, 2002 The following is just a brief list of what Audio Hijack can be used for:. Add an Equalizer to Apple's DVD Player, RealOne Player, Windows Media Player, and any other application to create the perfect movie watching environment. Tweak even those low quality Real and Windows Media audio files to perfection with your own combination of our DSP.
Audio Hijack 3 - Record any audio, with Audio Hijack! Save audio from applications like iTunes, Skype or Safari, or from hardware devices like microphones and mixers.Transcribing audio is easier than ever, with global keyboard shortcuts. Never leave your text editing app! Easily export Sessions to share with other people or import Session, so you can see exactly how someone else has things set. Handy!
► Record Any App
Just select an application and hit Record. Now you're saving its audio!
► Record From Devices
Record from microphones, mixers, or other audio input devices.
► Record System Audio
The System Audio source helps you record all the audio heard on your Mac.
► Record Web Streams
There's oodles of streaming audio on the web. Use Audio Hijack to save it.
► VoIP Recording
Easily save conversations from Skype, FaceTime, Google Talk, and more.
► Podcast Recording
Customizable source and recording options give podcasters full control.
► Increase the Volume
Stuck with small laptop speakers? Use Volume Overdrive to crank things past 100%.
► Import Analog Content
If you still have music on tapes or vinyl, Audio Hijack can help you digitize it.
► Pull From DVDs
Import audio from concert DVDs, movies, and more, for listening in iTunes and beyond.
► Easy Recording Defaults
If you don't know much about audio formats, Audio Hijack is here to help.
► Popular Formats
Record to the world's most popular audio formats, including MP3 and AAC.
► Lossless Formats Too
You can also save perfect-fidelity audio in AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless, or FLAC.
► Bulletproof Recording
Bulletproof recording means that even if your computer crashes, you'll never lose a recording.
► Recording Presets
Tweak your recording settings to perfection, then save a preset for future use with just one click.
► Smart Controls
Automatically split files based on size, time, or silence. Neat!
► Silence Monitoring
Automatically stop recording, split to a new file, or remove audio, based on silence in the audio.
So Much More!
- Use the Template Chooser to get a pre-configured Session. Tweak as needed!
- Once you've configured a Session to your liking, you can re-use it over and over.
- Find all of your recordings, sorted by Session, in the Recordings tab.
- Check your recordings by playing them back with a single click.
- The included audio effects are easy to use and easy on the eyes.
- DJs and podcasters will love automatic ducking.
- Quickly pass files to an audio editor, add them to iTunes, or share them, all from the Recordings tab.
- Use the Schedule tab to set up timed recordings, for when you're not around.
- The Scheduling feature can also turn any app on your Mac into an alarm clock.
- Pause, delay, and rewind live audio. Perfect for transcribing audio and more!
- Check out the new, precisely calibrated Peak/RMS Meter, replete with clipping indicators.
- Audio out of sync with video? Use the Sync block to precisely delay audio by up to 1000 milliseconds.
Audio Hijack Download